Check out these tips for some helpful hints that only contractors know, until now! Below is an easy step by step guide to removing tile.
- Begin by chipping out the grout with your chisel and hammer set. This will give you space to begin cracking the tile up from the subfloor. Always wear goggles and its advised to wear gloves.
- Chip away the tile with your hammer and chisel moving across the floor. Use the floor scraper to remove excess bits of tile and adhesive.
- Smooth the subfloor with sandpaper, preferably a belt sander, just enough to create a clean surface.
- It may be necessary to remove portions, if not all, of the subfloor. If this is the case, skip step 3 and begin cutting out the subfloor with a circular saw.
- Safety Goggles
- Floor Scraper
- Chisel Set
- Belt Sander or sand paper
- Be sure to use your safety tools (goggles, gloves), tile debris can be quite dangerous!